A+ R A-

Dicomano some informations

It has not been established with certainty whether the town's name comes from the river Comano, or references to a Roman fortified camp, crossed by a "decumanus". Dicomano is an ancient town which originally was inhabited and founded by the Etruscans, in fact many buildings and exhumed remains have been classified as their construction. in the town of Prato to Vinco (fraction Frascole) we can find a path built and inhabited by the Etruscans. a city rich in history. and very interesting though little known and therefore not treated.

Monuments and places of interest

Among the main points of interest it should be mentioned that the village has in the main street a few arcades communicating consisting of arches supported by square-section columns dating back to the seventeenth century.

Religious architecture

Pieve di Santa Maria (Dicomano), presents a typical structure of the twelfth century countryside.
Remembered by 1136 and damaged by the earthquake of 1542, it has undergone several restorations. The mighty bell tower probably is of military origin. It basilica with three naves separated by arches set on pillars. Its orientation was reversed, as the portal opens where originally was the semicircular apse Inside a bas-relief, attributed to Santi di Buttiglione "Wedding of St. Anne with St. Joachim", a seventeenth century painting by Agostino melissi "Madonna with Child and Saints" and many of the sixteenth century paintings:

Santi di Tito "Madonna with the Rosary"

"Nativity" attributed to Gamberucci

"Adoration of the Magi" always Gamberucci

"Assumption" by Francesco Curradi

"Madonna del Carmine" by Giovan Battista Naldini

Oratory of St. Onofrio, meets out from Dicomano along the road to Forlì, good example of Italian Neoclassicism, recently restored. The work of Giuseppe Del Rosso, dates back to 1796 at the request of the family from puddles. The imposing porch that characterizes it was built in sandstone and has four cylindrical columns topped by a triangular pediment on which rest two angels. Behind the portico stands the actual construction that exceeds the height of the porch itself. ending with a frame. On the roof of the building, moved from the side of the porch, there is a bell tower.

The interior has a dome built on sixteen columns that have capitals of Corinthian style.
Behind the 'altaremaggiore you can see a work attributed to the "Madonna of the Hospital" Andrea del Castagno. Not far away, to the side, a work of 1662 by Lorenzo Lippi 's Immaculate Conception with Saints ".

Church of Sant'Antonio Abate (Dicomano), stands next to the "Spedale di Sant'Antonio a Wave", where pilgrims traveling to and from the Romagna were given shelter and refreshment. Inside there is a single nave with four altars in stone. The art is well represented by major works such as terracotta representing the "Madonna and Child in Glory of Angels", the Della Robbia school and dating back to 1504, and the painting of Giotto of the fourteenth century, the "Madonna with Child and Saints".

Oratory of the Santissima Annunziata, small chapel was rebuilt in its present form during the eighteenth century. Inside, a single indoor classroom at a time, are two altars in sandstone attributed to local artisans in the middle of the eighteenth century. On the high altar, built in 1780 in late Baroque forms sober, it is a fresco of the late fifteenth century depicting the '' Annunciation ", assigned to the unknown painter of the Signorelli school.

Church of Santa Maria ad Agnano, referred to as 'Monasterium de Agnano' in a diploma of Emperor Henry VI in 1191, by which it confirms its belonging to the monks of Vallombrosa Sant'Ellero. It was almost completely ruined by an earthquake in June 1919 and then rebuilt in neo-medieval style on the perimeter of the original building. The church has a simple façade which opens a portal surmounted by a lunette eye. Inside, a single nave with a trussed roof, is preserved, walled in the apse wall, a stone ciborium of the late fifteenth century.

Pieve di San Martino in Corella, old church is remembered since 1184 as possession of the monastery of San Miniato al Monte. Sort not far from the important step for the Romagna, it also had a hospital dedicated to Saint Bartholomew, shelter for centuries of travelers and pilgrims. The old church was abandoned and rebuilt, in a higher position, between the eighth and ninth decade of the eighteenth century. The present church, with a façade with four slopes and agile bell tower, has undergone renovations over the nineteenth century. Inside is a painting of the "Madonna with Saints Peter and Paul", dated 1646. Another seventeenth-century painting by Lorenzo Lippi "Saint Catherine of Alexandria" is kept in the parish church of Santa Maria in Dicomano.

Convent of Saint John the Baptist in Sandetole, remembered as a parish church by the end of the tenth century, was restored by the Franciscans at the beginning of the eighteenth century with the adjoining convent. The interior is decorated with neoclassical frescoes and eighteenth century paintings, among which we point out the "Transit of St. Joseph" by Michele Pacini (1732). The wooden choir and the furniture of the sacristy were sculpted in the same years in which was entirely redecorated the church, which is thus to constitute a valid testimony of the late Baroque style has spread to the time of the last Medici. Equally eighteenth century is the greatest convent building that flanks the church.

FONTE :

L'Azienda agricola

images/allevamento_iltrebbiolo_home.png

allevamento di Vitelli

View more
images/AZIENDA/le_carni.jpg

Le nostre carni

View more
images/box/4.jpg

l'olio di nostra produzione

View more
images/box/2.jpg

le nostre olive

View more